db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: tests feedback
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:23:12 GMT
Hi Erik,

On Apr 28, 2006, at 5:11 AM, Erik Bengtson wrote:

>> I assume that you're running the latest TCK that is checked into the
>> svn repository?
>>

> Yes
>
>> To help figure out if there is still an issue with the TCK, could you
>> please run the interface test multiple times by itself, e.g.
>>
>> maven -Djdo.tck.cfglist=companyPMInterface.conf runtck.jdori
>> maven -Djdo.tck.cfglist=companyPMInterface.conf runtck.jdori
>>
>> This will test that the cleanup is happening in the interface test
>> itself. It seems to me that if the cleanup of the interfaces doesn't
>> work correctly, it will affect other tests because the primary key
>> for the interface instances is identical to the primary key for the
>> class instances.
>>

> You are right. I run the above cmd line twice and the problem appears

This indicates that there is an issue with deleting instances of
persistent interfaces using this pattern (this is the pattern used by
the tearDown method in the tests):

Query query = new Query();
query.setClass(ICompany.class);
query.setCandidates(pm.getExtent(ICompany.class, false));
pm.deletePersistentAll((Collection)query.execute());

Could you please check to see if your implementation supports this
for persistent interfaces?

>> Also, to allow us to help you, can you upload the JPOX jar files as
>> an attachment to the bug report JDO-327 so we can see what you can
>> see?
>>

> ok will do it, but it is already committed to JPOX CVS

As of this morning, the maven repository does not have the changes.
Please upload the jar files so we can take a look at your changes.

Thanks,

Craig

>> And thanks for the info on the discriminator index. Joerg and I are
>> still discussing whether an index is useful, so the code that Michael
>> checked in doesn't include the index.
>
> In real apps it may be useful, but in the TCK we will not lose much.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!