db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: TCK company model and managed associations
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2006 19:09:50 GMT

On Apr 9, 2006, at 10:48 AM, Erik Bengtson wrote:

>>> If one of the sides is null it should also raise an exception since
>>> you can't
>>> decide for the user which one is correct.
>>
>> This is true if the application set both sides and one of the sides
>> was set by the application to null.
>>

> or if the objects are PC NEW

If the objects are persistent-new, and there is a conflict, the spec
is strangely silent. I'd say we need a clarification in this case,
but it's ok to throw an exception since there is no way to tell which
side is "correct".

>> Is there a specific issue in the TCK?
>>

> I'm storing the interfaces, but when performing deepEquals some of
> the expected
> fields are null. It is probably an issue in JPOX.

We were careful to set both sides of each relationship in the
completeness test testdata. If you find that there is a case where
both sides are not set, please file a JIRA.

Craig

> Regards,

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com