db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes, JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Apr 21, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:10:43 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michael Watzek, Michelle Caisse, Martin 
Zaun, Craig Russell, Matthew Adams

1. The last issue (Erik, Craig)

We have TCK fixes checked in. Are now waiting for Eric to recover his 
laptop and check in this changes.

2. Summer of Code (Craig)

Apache is sponsoring students to do work in Google's Summer of Code.  
Google supplies the money to pay the students and ask the community to 
provide interesting projects.  It would be good if JDO could offer some 
proposals.  AI Michelle: Start a wiki page for ideas for projects.

3. Other issues (any and all)

The next last issue (JDO-371) - A one character fix which Michael 
Bouschen will do and check in.  It affects the error message in case of 
a failure.

Matthew asked if there was any progress on getting JDO apis into the 
JDK. There has been no recent action, but some customer requests would 
help this happen. The bundle size may be an issue.

Craig suggested starting a wiki page for a maintenance release of the 
JDO2 spec. AI Start a new wiki or modifying the existing wiki page. Open 
to all to do this activity.

AI  Craig, Michelle  Update wiki to reflect having released (almost) and 
moving to maintenance activities.

Matthew will do webinar at next Friday's meeting on how XIC (Xcalia 
Intermediation Core) treats a data store as a service in persisting 
data. AI Matthew: Send abstract for the talk.

Re Craig's  instructions on building a distribution.  Perhaps this can 
be scripted.  Michael will look into the feasibility of automating the 
process.

Getting keys.  AI Michelle will start a wiki page on how to get a key 
and sign a release.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Apr 14 2006]  AI Michelle: change wording of "package" to "project" 
when describing  the downloads of the core, enhancer, etc. projects.  Done.

[Apr 14 2006] AI Craig: update the roadmap for JDO.

[Apr 7 2006] AI all: Provide feedback on filter links in a comment to  
JDO-363.

[Mar 24 2006]  AI Craig:  Make sure that all JIRA issues have a  
"resolved in release" entry.  Might have to reopen some JIRA issues  
just to add this info. AI  Michelle: add links in the web page to  point 
to JIRA "open issues for  xxx release" and "resolved issues for  xxx 
release".  [In progress as JDO-363]

[Mar 24 2006] AI Craig: Add a wiki  page with the instructions on  
creating a  release. In progress.

[Mar 17 2006]  Remaining  issue: datastore identity strategy is  
currently defined as IDENTITY  but some datastores don't support   
IDENTITY columns. AI CraIg: propose  a solution. In progress

[Nov 4 2005] AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDK  1.5 
issues. in progress

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on  
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts,  logo.    AI:  
Craig write a ServerSide article.

-- Michelle


Mime
View raw message