db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew T. Adams" <matthew.ad...@xcalia.com>
Subject RE: Minutes, JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Apr 21, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:40:36 GMT
>2. Summer of Code (Craig)
>
>Apache is sponsoring students to do work in Google's Summer of Code.
>Google supplies the money to pay the students and ask the community to
>provide interesting projects.  It would be good if JDO could
>offer some
>proposals.  AI Michelle: Start a wiki page for ideas for projects.

I didn't see a wiki page for this yet, so I'll propose my idea(s) here.

* Add JDO support to Grails/GORM
See the comments in the issue I entered
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-104).  Grails (http://grails.org)
looks quite promising as a Java/Groovy answer to Ruby on Rails, and the GORM
project (Grails Object Relational Mapping), http://grails.org/gorm, is part
of Grails.  As you might expect from the issue's comments, this would also
take some convincing of the project's governing staff.

* Robustify JDO 2.0 support in Spring 2.0
This needs to be investigated, but I think that Spring 2.0 might have some
areas where they could use some additional features or completion-type work
to support JDO 2.0

--matthew