db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: makePersistent detached instance deleted on database
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 15:32:13 GMT
Hi Erik,

When you invoke makePersistent on a detached instance, the instance
must exist in the database. You don't insert it at commit. This is
similar to retrieving an instance in one transaction and having a
parallel transaction delete it.

Craig

On Mar 8, 2006, at 7:14 AM, Erik Bengtson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What happens when we invoke makePersistent on a detached instance
> that was
> deleted by another isolated process? I suspect that we raise an
> exception
> instead of reinserting it for a second time. Is that right?
>
> Maybe this can be clarified in the spec.
>
> Regards,

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!