db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [spec comment] jdoNewInstance
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:46:27 GMT
Hi Erik,

If the spec were still open, I'd agree to discuss it. But it isn't. :-
( We can look at this for a future revision.

By the way, the rationale was that it's less work in the enhancer to
generate the code, but I admit the rationale is weak. But either way,
it's a matter of the implementation checking for null or catching a
NullPointerException versus catching a JDOFatalInternalException. I'd
guess it's a "startup cost".

Craig

On Mar 6, 2006, at 7:28 AM, Erik Bengtson wrote:

> 7.5
> "If the class is abstract, null is returned."
>
> but should be "If the class is abstract, a
> JDOFatalInternalException is thrown."

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!