db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Staged JDO 2.0 release
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:35:53 GMT
That's true.  I was thinking that we told people that runtck.iut should 
work out of the box, but we don't.

-- Michelle

Craig L Russell wrote:

> I read the RunRules again and it does say to put the implementation  
> into the iut_jars directory, so I don't think it's necessary to  
> update the rules.
>
> Craig
>
> On Mar 30, 2006, at 10:19 AM, Michelle Caisse wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure that we need to fix this, but we probably should add a  
>> note to RunRules.html saying that to avoid these errors, you should  
>> place at least the enhancer jar in iut_jars.
>>
>> -- Michelle
>>
>> Michael Bouschen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Craig,
>>>
>>> maybe I do not get the point here, but I was assuming I need to  put 
>>> all my IUT jars in the iut_jars directory. This would include  the 
>>> jar with the IUT enhancer. So I'm not sure what needs to be  fixed 
>>> here.
>>>
>>> Regards Michael
>>>
>>>> Hi Michelle,
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for testing this.
>>>> Re: the enhancer jar file in iut_jars: should we fix this or  
>>>> consider it a configuration issue that an IUT should know how to  
>>>> fix? Since we do configure the IUT with JPOX as a default,  perhaps 
>>>> we should fix it. If you think it's important enough to  fix, can 
>>>> you file a JIRA?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Craig
>>>>
>>>> On Mar 30, 2006, at 8:34 AM, Michelle Caisse wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Running the TCK on jpox out of the box gives only the expected  
>>>>> error (companyPMInterface.conf x 2 identity types).  Running  
>>>>> maven runtck.iut out of the box gives 3 additional errors (x 2  
>>>>> identity types) because the enhancer is not on the classpath.   
>>>>> Placing the enhancer jar file in iut_jars solves this problem.
>>>>>
>>>>> 1) test 
>>>>> (org.apache.jdo.tck.models.fieldtypes.TestArrayCollections) 
>>>>> javax.jdo.JDOFatalException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:  
>>>>> org.jpox.enhancer.ImplementationCreatorImpl
>>>>>     at org.jpox.PMFContext.getImplementationCreator 
>>>>> (PMFContext.java:74)
>>>>>     at  
>>>>> org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ColumnCreator.createColumnsForReferenceF 
>>>>> ield(ColumnCreator.java:277)
>>>>>     at  
>>>>> org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ColumnCreator.createColumnsForField 
>>>>> (ColumnCreator.java:393)
>>>>>     at  
>>>>> org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ColumnCreator.createColumnsForJoinTables 
>>>>> (ColumnCreator.java:134)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ArrayTable.initialize 
>>>>> (ArrayTable.java:83)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager 
>>>>> $ClassAdder.addClassTablesAndValidate(RDBMSManager.java:2597)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager$ClassAdder.run 
>>>>> (RDBMSManager.java:2213)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager$MgmtTransaction.execute 
>>>>> (RDBMSManager.java:2069)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager.addClasses 
>>>>> (RDBMSManager.java:564)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager.addClass 
>>>>> (RDBMSManager.java:578)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.StoreManager.getDatastoreClass 
>>>>> (StoreManager.java:974)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.populateStrategyFields 
>>>>> (StateManagerImpl.java:760)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.<init> 
>>>>> (StateManagerImpl.java:565)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.internalMakePersistent 
>>>>> (AbstractPersistenceManager.java:1145)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.makePersistent 
>>>>> (AbstractPersistenceManager.java:1201)
>>>>>     at  
>>>>> org.apache.jdo.tck.models.fieldtypes.TestArrayCollections.runTest 
>>>>> (TestArrayCollections.java:97)
>>>>>     at  
>>>>> org.apache.jdo.tck.models.fieldtypes.TestArrayCollections.test 
>>>>> (TestArrayCollections.java:73)
>>>>>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>>>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke 
>>>>> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>>>     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke 
>>>>> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>>>     at org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test.runBare(JDO_Test.java:237)
>>>>>     at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.doRun 
>>>>> (BatchTestRunner.java:107)
>>>>>     at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.start 
>>>>> (BatchTestRunner.java:147)
>>>>>     at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.main 
>>>>> (BatchTestRunner.java:122)
>>>>> NestedThrowablesStackTrace:
>>>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:  
>>>>> org.jpox.enhancer.ImplementationCreatorImpl
>>>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
>>>>>     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
>>>>>     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java: 268)
>>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
>>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java: 319)
>>>>>     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>>>>>     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.PMFContext.getImplementationCreator 
>>>>> (PMFContext.java:61)
>>>>>     at  
>>>>> org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ColumnCreator.createColumnsForReferenceF 
>>>>> ield(ColumnCreator.java:277)
>>>>>     at  
>>>>> org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ColumnCreator.createColumnsForField 
>>>>> (ColumnCreator.java:393)
>>>>>     at  
>>>>> org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ColumnCreator.createColumnsForJoinTables 
>>>>> (ColumnCreator.java:134)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ArrayTable.initialize 
>>>>> (ArrayTable.java:83)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager 
>>>>> $ClassAdder.addClassTablesAndValidate(RDBMSManager.java:2597)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager$ClassAdder.run 
>>>>> (RDBMSManager.java:2213)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager$MgmtTransaction.execute 
>>>>> (RDBMSManager.java:2069)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager.addClasses 
>>>>> (RDBMSManager.java:564)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager.addClass 
>>>>> (RDBMSManager.java:578)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.store.StoreManager.getDatastoreClass 
>>>>> (StoreManager.java:974)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.populateStrategyFields 
>>>>> (StateManagerImpl.java:760)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.<init> 
>>>>> (StateManagerImpl.java:565)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.internalMakePersistent 
>>>>> (AbstractPersistenceManager.java:1145)
>>>>>     at org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.makePersistent 
>>>>> (AbstractPersistenceManager.java:1201)
>>>>>     at  
>>>>> org.apache.jdo.tck.models.fieldtypes.TestArrayCollections.runTest 
>>>>> (TestArrayCollections.java:97)
>>>>>     at  
>>>>> org.apache.jdo.tck.models.fieldtypes.TestArrayCollections.test 
>>>>> (TestArrayCollections.java:73)
>>>>>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>>>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke 
>>>>> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>>>     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke 
>>>>> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>>>     at org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test.runBare(JDO_Test.java:237)
>>>>>     at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.doRun 
>>>>> (BatchTestRunner.java:107)
>>>>>     at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.start 
>>>>> (BatchTestRunner.java:147)
>>>>>     at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.main 
>>>>> (BatchTestRunner.java:122)
>>>>> 2) test(org.apache.jdo.tck.models.fieldtypes.TestFieldsOfObject) 
>>>>> javax.jdo.JDOFatalException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:  
>>>>> org.jpox.enhancer.ImplementationCreatorImpl
>>>>> ....
>>>>> 3) test 
>>>>> (org.apache.jdo.tck.models.fieldtypes.TestFieldsOfSimpleInterface)j 
>>>>> avax.jdo.JDOFatalException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:  
>>>>> org.jpox.enhancer.ImplementationCreatorImpl
>>>>> ....
>>>>>
>>>>> -- Michelle
>>>>>
>>>>> Craig L Russell wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Javadogs,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I've staged the final JDO 2.0 release on the apache server.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Please test this release. The dependencies have been updated to 

>>>>>> reflect JDO release 2.0 and JPOX release 1.1.0. If you're  
>>>>>> testing JPOX, refer below for the maven staging area. If you're 

>>>>>> testing TCK, you will have to jigger your dependencies in  
>>>>>> project.xml or rename your .maven/repositories/jpox/jars  artifacts.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> You can download any of the sources and binaries for api, core, 

>>>>>> enhancer, and tck from http://people.apache.org/~clr/downloads/ 

>>>>>> <http://people.apache.org/%7Eclr/downloads/>mirror-dist-db-jdo/
2.0/
>>>>>>
>>>>>> You can point your maven repository to http://people.apache.org/

>>>>>> ~clr/downloads/maven <http://people.apache.org/%7Eclr/downloads/

>>>>>> maven> to get the javax.jdo and org.apache.jdo artifacts.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We're now waiting for the last JPOX issue to be resolved before 

>>>>>> calling for a vote to release.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Craig
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Craig Russell
>>>>>> Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/ 
>>>>>> products/jdo
>>>>>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>>>>>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Craig Russell
>>>>
>>>> Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/ 
>>>> products/jdo
>>>>
>>>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>>>>
>>>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> Craig Russell
> Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>


Mime
View raw message