db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Fix for completeness test failures (was: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Mar 10, 9 am PST)
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:16:20 GMT
Hi,

> Michael noticed a number of configurations have failed. AI Craig: see
> if changes to PMInterface have affected this problem.

Some test configurations using the completeness test result in a
ClassNotFoundException when trying to resolve the company factory class
and others result show an exception thrown from the
CompanyFactoryPMInterface where a different factory should have been used.

I found two issues:
(1) Only a few configurations explicitly set the property
jdo.tck.mapping.companyfactory, because all the other configurations use
the default factory. All .conf files are read by the same JVM, so once
the property is set is remains the same until a configuration explicitly
defines it. This means all configuration need to defines the property
jdo.tck.mapping.companyfactory.
(2) maven.xml passes the property jdo.tck.mapping.companyfactory as
system property to the test run:
    <sysproperty key="jdo.tck.mapping.companyfactory"
                         value="${jdo.tck.mapping.companyfactory}"/>
This means the system property is defined in any case, but often the
value is the empty string. This means the default handling as used in
class CompanyFactoryRegistry does not work:
  System.getProperty(FACTORY_PROPERTY_NAME, DEFAULT_FACTORY_CLASS_NAME);
I changed the code in CompanyFactoryRegistry to explicitly check for the
empty string when resolving the company factory.

Attached you find a patch for review fixing both issues.

Regards Michael

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin