db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Mar 10, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 00:14:24 GMT
Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, March 10 at 9 am PST to discuss 
JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:
866 230-6968   294-0479#
International: +1 865 544-7856

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michelle)
2. New tests status (Martin, Michael, Craig)
3. Other issues (any and all)

Action Items from weeks past:

[Mar 3 2006] AI Craig reply to Erik's message with a JDO_Test patch.

[Feb 24 2006]  Martin)Signature test is underway; due Tuesday.   Thread 
safe test due today. In progress.

[Feb 24 2006] Michael send mail on putting the xsd header info into  the 
specification. Done. It is part of the final spec.

[Feb 24 2006] The new XMLTest in the api20 project could be enhanced  so 
users could  check their own .jdo .orm, and .jdoquery files. AI  Michael 
file a  JIRA to discuss. Done.

[Feb 24 2006] We should add a negative query test for projecting a  map 
and  collection field. AI Michael file a JIRA to add a new query.  Done

[Feb 24 2006] One of the query tests fails. JDO-310 DERBY-39 for  
details. AI Craig: Can we  get some help on this from the Derby team?  
Craig asked at the team meeting. AI Craig: follow up.

[[Feb 17 2006] Implicit variable with the same name as a class modulo  
case, elicits a new problem wherein generated SQL does not execute on  
Derby. AI Michael B: file a JIRA.

[Feb 17 2006] AI: Michael B to check in fixes to xsd and upload patch  
to JIRA for tests. AI Craig: review schema tests. Done.

[Feb 17 2006] AI Eric: Investigate implementation's ability to use  
native identity strategy given an identity column in the schema. It  
looks good for Derby, but there is a performance issue with this. Done.

[Feb 17 2006] AI Craig: Discuss spec change involving native identity  
strategy with expert group. No longer needed.

[Feb 3 2006] AI Michael W fix list of teardown classes in company   
model reader. JDO-285. But this fix cannot be checked in until JPOX   is 
fixed.

[Jan 20 2005]  AI Craig look at new life cycle tests to see if it  can  
fail at the end printing failure messages. AI Craig review the  spec  
updates to make sure the test is consistent. AI Craig: resolve  the  
test case and spec issues.

[Jan 20 2005]  AI Craig check in the released beta artifacts  to the  
JDO maven repository (create a new releases directory parallel  to  
trunk and branches). Done.

[Jan 13 2005] AI Martin look at the enhancement tests for   completeness 
(JDO-64). Lower priority.

[Jan 6 2005] AI: Michael: need to add a public static final field in   a 
public class to test fully qualified class name static field in  query. 
Done. Filed a JIRA issue on JPOX.

[Dec 23 2005] Query tests (Michael B) Looking at JDO-194 errors on   
Windows that don't happen on Linux. Might be a JRE bug. AI Martin   file 
a Java bug so we know that there is a Java issue. Done. Not a  JDK bug.

[Dec 23 2005] Fetch depth discussion: The spec needs more  information  
than is there in the PFD. AI Craig get more jdo experts  involved in  
the discussion. In progress. Done. Added MaxFetchDepth  property to 
FetchPlan.

[Dec 9 2005]: Nontransactional write semantics appear to differ   
between optimistic and datastore transactions. Is this intentional?   
AI: Craig discuss with expert group. Done. It is intentional.
[Dec 2 2005] Inheritance 3 fails. Optimization of inheritance 1  where  
there is no  table for abstract classes. JPOX doesn't support  it. AI  
Craig:  discuss this mapping with expert group. It might be  an  
optional feature. Done.

[Nov 18 2005] AI: BEA to sign the donation paperwork for their test    
suite. Review how to merge their test cases into JDO TCK. The latest  
news in BEA is that BEA plans to donate their object persistence  engine 
to open source; it's not clear where they will do this,  perhaps in 
Apache as a sister project to Apache JDO.

[Nov 4 2005] AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDK    
1.5 issues. in progress

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles   on  
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo.   AI:  
Craig write a ServerSide article.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to    
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will do the maven goal for  creating   
and uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory  parallel to   
trunk called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[May 13 2005] AI: Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly    
builds.


Mime
View raw message