db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg von Frantzius <joerg.von.frantz...@artnology.com>
Subject Re: makePersistent detached instance deleted on database
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 21:08:59 GMT
Hi Craig,

after a little conversation with Marco I now understand what the problem
is: calling makePersistent() on a transient instance will transition it
to Persistent-New. Using application identity, that probably won't work
for instances that already exist in the datastore?

Instances with datastore identity will lose their identity inbetween, so
they probably all end up being inserted on makePersistent(), I guess.
That would make for some very redundant replication, I'm afraid ;)

Regards,
Jörg