db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Release branch of JDO 2.0
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:43:19 GMT
Javadogs,

I'm planning on cutting the release branch for JDO 2.0 tomorrow.
There are three open issues that I'm aware of:

1. The test with persistent interfaces doesn't work yet; I believe
that this is a JPOX bug that will be fixed without a new release of
the API or TCK.

2. The TCK only supports datastore identity with strategy="identity".
This is an issue for vendors who cannot use this strategy for
databases that do not support the SQL GENERATED ... AS IDENTITY
construct for schema. I believe that we can resolve this TCK issue
after release of 2.0.

3. Synchronization with JPOX final 1.1.0 release. The JPOX team need
to have an api20 release post-jdo-2.0-rc1 that includes a signature
change for a FetchPlan method. But I think that it's going to have to
either depend on a SNAPSHOT api20 or a renamed api20 release for
testing. Similarly, for testing the jdo 2.0 bits, we will need to
test with SNAPSHOT JPOX bits renamed to jpox-1.1.0.

Please let me know if you feel that it is not appropriate to start
the release process with the api20 and tck20 bits currently checked
into SVN.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig Russell