db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Mar 24, 9 am PST
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 07:27:14 GMT
Hi Craig,

> Since tck20 final depends on JPOX which depends on api20, maybe it
> makes more sense to stage all three together. Is the intermediate
> JPOX rc2 really necessary?

In my opinion it is necessary. JPOX 1.1.0-rc-2 has 30 JIRA issues fixed relative
to 1.1.0-rc-1. This is a significant number and having a release very soon would
mean that users have a few days to find issues or otherwise 1.1.0-final will be
released. I would stress that I am keen to get 1.1.0-final out ASAP. The only
remaining issue is persistent interfaces and hopefully with Erik's recent changes
we should have that done in a day or so.

Of course JPOX could do what we have done in the past and just release JPOX
1.1.0-rc-2 with a jdo2-snapshot.jar (downloadable from our SourceForge site) that
it should be used with (we did this with the 1.1.0-rc-1 release so that people
had something to work with for the few days before jdo2-api-2.0-rc1.jar
appeared). Since the timeframe between JPOX 1.1.0-rc-2 and 1.1.0-final is likely
only a week then doing this may be the most effective way. What do you think ?

--
Andy