db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Testing with Oracle
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:26:47 GMT
Hi Craig,

> I'd like to be sure we know how to configure a JPOX TCK run for Oracle. Has
anyone done this?

Not me. I don't have Oracle either. There are many JPOX users using Oracle
(including Jorg) on their own apps. There's an outstanding issue with large
BLOB/CLOBs but not sure if you'll hit that with the TCK.

> The only issue I know of is that Oracle doesn't support IDENTITY columns for
datastore identity.
> I'd consider changing the run rules to allow either IDENTITY or SEQUENCE to be
used, but
> I don't know the details on how to configure the .orm file for datastore
identity when using SEQUENCE.

That is probably the only significant issue I can think of.
See below also.

> I understand that JPOX made some changes to be able to support NATIVE for both
Derby and Oracle;
> can you tell me what the status of this change is?

JPOX supports "native" on all major RDBMS. These do include Oracle 8-10. "native"
for Oracle will mean to use SEQUENCE if the user also specifies the <field>
"sequence" attribute specifying the sequence name, otherwise to use our
incrementing id generator.

--
Andy