db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Release branch of JDO 2.0
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 03:46:11 GMT
If we do need checkins to the trunk after the branch is created (the
branch is an svn activity that sends a message to jdo-commits alias)
then they will need to be done to both the trunk and branch. Of
course, there are some branch-only things (changing from SNAPSHOT to
2.0 in project.xml). But I don't know of any issues that will require
branch/trunk checkins.

Craig

On Mar 28, 2006, at 7:40 PM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

> Craig,
>
> Does this mean there will be no more check-ins?  Or will we just
> check in to both trunk and release branch for the few remaining
> issues?
>
> -- Michelle
>
> Craig L Russell wrote:
>> Javadogs,
>>
>> I'm planning on cutting the release branch for JDO 2.0 tomorrow.
>> There are three open issues that I'm aware of:
>>
>> 1. The test with persistent interfaces doesn't work yet; I believe
>> that this is a JPOX bug that will be fixed without a new release
>> of the API or TCK.
>>
>> 2. The TCK only supports datastore identity with
>> strategy="identity". This is an issue for vendors who cannot use
>> this strategy for databases that do not support the SQL
>> GENERATED ... AS IDENTITY construct for schema. I believe that we
>> can resolve this TCK issue after release of 2.0.
>>
>> 3. Synchronization with JPOX final 1.1.0 release. The JPOX team
>> need to have an api20 release post-jdo-2.0-rc1 that includes a
>> signature change for a FetchPlan method. But I think that it's
>> going to have to either depend on a SNAPSHOT api20 or a renamed
>> api20 release for testing. Similarly, for testing the jdo 2.0
>> bits, we will need to test with SNAPSHOT JPOX bits renamed to
>> jpox-1.1.0.
>>
>> Please let me know if you feel that it is not appropriate to start
>> the release process with the api20 and tck20 bits currently
>> checked into SVN.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> Craig Russell