db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Bengtson <e...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Bug in JPOX parser NPE in constructor (CollectionMetaData.java:96)
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 15:35:27 GMT
Craig,

Thanks. It's a good shoot, but sadly it will require a big round of bullets,
maybe a machine gun, to shot down the issue. We have to change the metadata
package around the classes FieldMetaData, PropertyMetaData, Interface and
Class, and all references to them in JPOX. As I told before, the support to
persistent interfaces has only been partially implemented.

To simplify the tree, I plan to have things like this
ClassMetadata extends AbstractClassMetaData
InterfaceMetadata extends AbstractClassMetaData
FieldMetaData extends PropertyMetadata

There are attributes specific to PropertyMetadata that does not exist in
FieldMetaData, so these attributes will raise something like UnsupportedBlaBla

Regards,