db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: The final draft of JDO 2 is available for review
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:12:20 GMT
Hi Andy,

Yes, you are right. I accidentally omitted this from the draft.

I'll add all three methods:
void makeTransient(Object pc, boolean useFetchPlan);
void makeTransient(Collection pcs, boolean useFetchPlan);
void makeTransient(Object[] pcs, boolean useFetchPlan);

I haven't reviewed your patch but I assume you only added the first
method. The others are needed for consistency.

On Feb 15, 2006, at 8:05 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> I thought a new makeTransient() method was to be added. This is
> Issue 38 on
> the JDO2Issues. A negative VOTE was called on 07 Feb and nobody
> showed up to
> decry it. Therefore it should be in the spec.
> Section 12.6.7 needs the following (or similar adding)
> <spec>
> void makeTransient (Object pc, boolean useFetchPlan);
> This method would behave like retrieve(rootObject, true) [FGOnly] in
> terms of loading instances according to the FetchPlan, followed by
> recursive makeTransient on all instances reachable via the fetch plan.
> </spec>
> --
> Andy

Craig Russell