db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Negative VOTE Issue 156: deletePersistent() with a detached object
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 22:00:50 GMT
Javadogs,

I agree. Here's a proposed spec update for 12.6.7:

<proposed>
If the parameter instance of deletePersistent() is a detached
instance, the method applies to the associated persistent instance.
Similarly, if any of the parameter instances of deletePersistentAll()
is a detached instance, the method applies to the associated
persistent instances.  If the class of instances to be deleted
implements the delete callback, then the persistent instance is
instantiated and the callback is executed.
</proposed>

Craig

On Feb 6, 2006, at 8:54 AM, Matthew T. Adams wrote:

> I would say that yes, this is correct, but what happens if the
> corresponding
> persistent instance implements DeleteCallback?  I think that the
> spec should
> require the implementation to load the persistent instance and call
> its
> jdoPreDelete() method, and call any lifecycle listener methods that
> may be
> registered to listen for the deletion of objects of the deleted
> object's
> class.
>
> --matthew

Craig Russell