db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: expected test results
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:24:03 GMT
Hi Erik,

You are right on both.

Employees 1, 2, and 3 all work on orange, so there should be three
result tuples in both cases.

I think we might want to make two test cases out of each of these,
making four tests in total, and remove duplicates in two of the cases
by using the distinct keyword, as in

>         /*RESULT*/      "distinct p.projid, p.name",

>         /*RESULT*/      "distinct p",

What do you think?

Craig

On Feb 11, 2006, at 3:09 AM, erik@jpox.org wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some expected results need to be reviewed
>
> 1) testNavigation(org.apache.jdo.tck.query.result.VariableInResult)
>
> expected: [[1, orange]]
> got:      [[1, orange], [1, orange], [1, orange]]
>
>         /*UNIQUE*/      null,
>         /*RESULT*/      "p.projid, p.name",
>         /*INTO*/        null,
>         /*FROM*/        Employee.class,
>         /*EXCLUDE*/     null,
>         /*WHERE*/       "projects.contains(p) & p.name == 'orange'",
>         /*VARIABLES*/   "Project p",
>         /*PARAMETERS*/  null,
>
> 2) testNoNavigation(org.apache.jdo.tck.query.result.VariableInResult)
>
> expects {Project1}, but I think it should be {Project1, Project1,
> Project1}
>         /*RESULT*/      "p",
>         /*INTO*/        null,
>         /*FROM*/        Employee.class,
>         /*EXCLUDE*/     null,
>         /*WHERE*/       "projects.contains(p) & p.name == 'orange'",
>         /*VARIABLES*/   "Project p",
>         /*PARAMETERS*/  null,
>
> Currently JPOX creates an invalid SQL for the item 2, at least in
> my local dev
> workspace.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com