db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Validating the tck .jdo, .orm, and .jdoquery
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 16:07:35 GMT
Javadogs,

Now that we have a test program to validate metadata files, I ran all
of the tck metadata files against the standard. If you're interested,
I wrote a script that creates a soft link in the api20/test/schema
directory for each .jdo, .orm, and .jdoquery file in the tck. I ran
the script by changing to the api20/test/schema directory and
entering linkxml ../../../tck20/src. This created about 250 links to
the tck files.

I found three issues:

1. In jdo.xsd and jdo.dtd, element field needs to define attribute
field-type. This is needed to annotate Object type fields with the
type that they can contain. Currently, this annotation is in the
tck .jdo files. I've checked in the fix using JDO-202 as the issue
number.

2. In tck .orm files, multiple occurrences of attribute primary-key .
These are not legal in .orm files.

3. In tck .orm files, multiple occurrences of attribute foreign-key.
These are not legal in .orm files.

I've made the change to remove these attributes and there was no
change to the test results: 5 of 48 configurations failed; Total
tests run: 1158. Failures: 3, Errors: 6.

I'll open a JIRA issue (once JIRA comes back up) to resolve 2 and 3.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!