db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Public DTD at http://java.sun.com/dtd/jdo_2_0.dtd
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:16:34 GMT
Hi Andy,

On Feb 21, 2006, at 12:27 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

>> How up-to-date is the public DTD supposed to be? Or should I rather
>> somehow try to refer to the DTD that is coming with JPOX?
>
> When JPOX finds the "standard" DTD definition it utilises its own
> copy of the DTD
> (which is typically as up-to-date if not more than that in Apache
> JDO). It
> already has recursion-depth and has for several days.

Good. JPOX is doing exactly what we expect JDO vendors to do. The
"standard" DTD named in the metadata files is guaranteed to be
portable. The implementation is expected to provide a cached version
of the DTD so no i/o or network access is needed.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!