db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Public DTD at http://java.sun.com/dtd/jdo_2_0.dtd
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:29:49 GMT
Hi Jörg,

On Feb 20, 2006, at 12:23 PM, Jörg von Frantzius wrote:

> Hello Craig,
>
> out of curiosity, does the URL of the public DTD somehow retrieve
> the latest DTD from apache jdo SVN? Probably someone gotta copy it
> by hand, I guess?

I think Andy addressed this, but just in case:

The JDO implementation is responsible for parsing the .jdo, .orm,
and .jdoquery metadata files. If they use a standard parser, and give
no performance hints, the parser will try to go to the web and fetch
the DTD. But a properly implemented JDO will tell the parser to give
it a chance to resolve URLs of DTDs to locally cached copies of the
public DTDs.

Once JDO 2 is final, and approved by the JCP, we'll update the public
Sun web site with the approved versions of the DTD and XSD files. But
this is just for reference since most JDO implementations won't use
them.

Craig

> Cheers,
> Jörg
>
> Craig L Russell schrieb:
>> Hi Jörg,
>>
>> We're putting a bunch of last-minute changes into the Apache api20
>> dtds and xsds. So "any  time now" these will be accurate and
>> reflect the to-be-published specification.
>>
>> I'd guess that JPOX will not be too far behind the api20 project,
>> since the tck tests will have to use the JPOX parsing of the files.
>>
>> You should have seen and continue to see dialog on this alias and
>> code checkins to the api20 project.
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> On Feb 20, 2006, at 10:08 AM, Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> currently JPOX' metadata parsing complains that 'Attribute "fetch-
>>> depth" must be declared for element type "field" ' for metadata
>>> that doesn't have fetch-depth anymore in fetch-groups fields'
>>> definitions. If I recall correctly, fetch-depth should be removed
>>> from the DTD because it was turned into FetchPlan.setMaxFetchDepth
>>> ()?
>>>
>>> How up-to-date is the public DTD supposed to be? Or should I
>>> rather somehow try to refer to the DTD that is coming with JPOX?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any hints,
>>> Jörg
>>
>> Craig Russell
>> jdo