db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Public DTD at http://java.sun.com/dtd/jdo_2_0.dtd
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:10:19 GMT
Hi Jörg,

On Feb 21, 2006, at 5:43 AM, Jörg von Frantzius wrote:

> Sorry I was confused by the error message that sounded like I had
> to define the fetch-depth in my meta-data, i.e. that my meta-data
> was missing it. Stupid me. Or how would
>
>    'Attribute "fetch-depth" must be declared for element type "field"'
>
> sound to you, if you had never seen it before?

Interesting. Whose error message is this? If it is a standard parser
message it's lame. If it's a JPOX error message, maybe it should be
changed to:

"Unknown attribute 'fetch-depth' of element 'field'. Please check the
spelling of the attribute."

Craig

> Andy Jefferson schrieb:
>>> currently JPOX' metadata parsing complains that 'Attribute "fetch-
>>> depth" must be declared for element type "field" ' for metadata
>>> that doesn't have fetch-depth anymore in fetch-groups fields'
>>> definitions.
>>>

>> Not for me it doesn't. Please define your input data and version
>> of JPOX
>> Core/Enhancer.
>>

>>> How up-to-date is the public DTD supposed to be? Or should I
>>> rather somehow try to refer to the DTD that is coming with JPOX?
>>>

>> When JPOX finds the "standard" DTD definition it utilises its own
>> copy of the DTD
>> (which is typically as up-to-date if not more than that in Apache
>> JDO). It
>> already has recursion-depth and has for several days.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!