db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: jdo.dtd changes
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:37:28 GMT
Hi Craig,

[...]

>>> Just one comment. There is no meaning to the order of  attributes,
>>> just order of elements. But there's no issue with fixing  the  order
>>> of the attributes either.
>>

>> I know the order of attributes is not important, but it helps when
>> comparing the jdo.dtd and the orm.dtd to make sure the orm dtd
>> accepts a subset of the jdo metatdata :-). Try 'diff jdo.dtd
>> orm.dtd', I was surprised to see how many differences there are.
>

> Good grief. Some of these are line ending differences. :-(

I could not find any ^M problems in the files. I think the diffs are
because the orm.dtd lists the elements in a different order, e.g.
jdo.dtd lists the element property between interface and class, where
orm.dtd lists it between column and field. This does not affect the
accepted XML, it just makes a comparison between the two dtds harder.

>> Other question: do we want to rename api20/src/dtd to api20/src/ schema?
>

> +1 We need to make sure that the corresponding changes are made to  the
> maven definitions, but I think it's time.

OK, I can work on this, but I would like to check in a first version of
the schema validation test before doing this rename. I attached a new
patch to JDO-202.

Regards Michael

[...]
Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66