db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Feb 17, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 20:42:02 GMT
Attendees: Craig Russell, Michael Watzek, Michael Bouschen, Martin Zaun,
Michelle Caisse, Erik Bengtson.

Michelle Caisse wrote:

> 1. Test status (Michael)

1158 tests, 2 failures, 6 errors; 4/48 configurations fail. Inheritance
3 fails, and some query tests.  Implicit variable with the same name as
a class modulo case, elicits a new problem wherein generated SQL does
not execute on Derby. AI Michael B: file a JIRA.

> 2. New tests status (Martin)

Thread safety tests, expanding into four tests - Almost done with this,
testing tests.

> 3. Other issues (any and all)

Craig discussed timing for release candidate 1.  The first step is to
create a new branch, changing dependencies in project.xml.  api20, its
tests, dtd & xsd and tests, remaining chapter 18 issues being discussed
on the expert group should be complete before creating the release
branch.  AI Craig: file JIRA on Chapter 18 issues.  We will need a named
release of the RI that works with the JDO rc1.  Erik says the JPOX
release candidate will be called rc1.  Friday, February 24 is the day to
cut the release branch and have the RI available.

AI: Michael B to check in fixes to xsd and upload patch to JIRA for
tests. AI Craig: review schema tests.

Michael W. has updated .orm files, removing strategy attribute.  He
observes many errors during insert; JPOX tries to insert into an
identity column.
AI Eric: Investigate implementation's ability to use native identity
strategy given an identity column in the schema.
AI Craig: Discuss spec change involving native identity strategy with
expert group.
The meeting ended before discussion was complete on this issue.
Discussion will continue on email.

> Action Items from weeks past:
>
> [Feb 3 2005]  AI Michelle propose a release test plan and start a wiki
> page.

In progress.

> [Feb 3 2005]  JDO-246 variable in the query result. AI Craig: update
> the issue.

Done.

> [Feb 3 2006] AI Michael W fix list of teardown classes in company
> model reader. JDO-285. But this fix cannot be checked in until JPOX
> is fixed.
>
> [Jan 20 2005]  AI Craig look at new life cycle tests to see if it can
> fail at the end printing failure messages. AI Craig review the spec
> updates to make sure the test is consistent. AI Craig: resolve the
> test case and spec issues.
>
> [Jan 20 2005]   AI Michelle update the JDO releases page to point to
> mirrors for download.

Done.

> AI Craig check in the released beta artifacts  to the JDO maven
> repository (create a new releases directory parallel  to trunk and
> branches).
>
> [Jan 13 2005] AI Martin look at the enhancement tests for
> completeness (JDO-64).
>
> [Jan 6 2005] AI: Michael: need to add a public static final field in
> a public class to test fully qualified class name static field in query.
>
> [Dec 23 2005] Query tests (Michael B) Looking at JDO-194 errors on
> Windows that don't happen on Linux. Might be a JRE bug. AI Martin
> file a Java bug so we know that there is a Java issue.
>
> [Dec 23 2005] Fetch depth discussion: The spec needs more information
> than is there in the PFD. AI Craig get more jdo experts involved in
> the discussion. In progress.
>
> [Dec 9 2005]: Nontransactional write semantics appear to differ
> between optimistic and datastore transactions. Is this intentional?
> AI: Craig discuss with expert group. Done. It is intentional.
> [Dec 2 2005] Inheritance 3 fails. Optimization of inheritance 1 where
> there is no  table for abstract classes. JPOX doesn't support it. AI
> Craig:  discuss this mapping with expert group. It might be an
> optional feature.
>
> [Nov 18 2005] AI: BEA to sign the donation paperwork for their test
> suite. Review how to merge their test cases into JDO TCK.
>
> [Nov 4 2005] AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDK
> 1.5 issues. in progress
>
> [Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles
> on  TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo.
> AI:  Craig write a ServerSide article.
>
> [July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to
> include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]
>
> April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will do the maven goal for creating
> and uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory parallel to
> trunk called "releases" and put the snapshots there.
>
> [May 13 2005] AI: Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly
> builds.

-- Michelle