db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Biggs <...@tralfamadore.com>
Subject Re: distinct by owner? select distinct collectionField from SomeClass
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:55:35 GMT
OK by me, though I would prefer the language to be something more like
this is an area of non-portable (rather than forbidden) behavior.  I.e.
no need for TCK test cases.

In reference to Bin Sun's question regarding the distinct keyword,
however, I don't think an implementation would need to check if the
Collections/Maps were .equal(); the spec doesn't say so explicitly, but
I assume that "distinct" applies to JDO identity, not Java equality, and
two Collections/Maps would only be nondistinct if they had multiple
owning objects (which is explicitly NOT mandated per 20.2).

Wes