db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Negative VOTE Missing index and unique element descriptions
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 23:15:46 GMT
Javadogs,

Here's the proposed spec wording for the missing index and unique
elements.

<proposed>
ELEMENT unique
The unique element specifies characteristics of a unique key
associated with the containing join, field, key, value, or element.
To specify that there is a unique key associated with the containing
element, without specifying the name of the unique key, the unique
element can be used with no attributes or contained elements.
Alternatively, the unique attribute can be used.
If this element is specified at the class level, then column elements
contained in the unique element might contain only the name attribute.
ELEMENT index
The index element specifies characteristics of an index associated
with the containing join, field, key, value, or element.
To specify that there is an index associated with the containing
element, without specifying the name of the index, the index element
can be used with no attributes or contained elements. Alternatively,
the indexed attribute can be used.
If this element is specified at the class level, then column elements
contained in the foreign-key element might contain only the name
attribute.
</proposed>

Craig