db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: jdo.dtd changes
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:48:51 GMT
Hi Michael,

On Feb 21, 2006, at 9:37 AM, Michael Bouschen wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> [...]
>>>

>>> I know the order of attributes is not important, but it helps
>>> when  comparing the jdo.dtd and the orm.dtd to make sure the orm
>>> dtd  accepts a subset of the jdo metatdata :-). Try 'diff
>>> jdo.dtd  orm.dtd', I was surprised to see how many differences
>>> there are.
>> Good grief. Some of these are line ending differences. :-(
>
> I could not find any ^M problems in the files. I think the diffs
> are because the orm.dtd lists the elements in a different order,
> e.g. jdo.dtd lists the element property between interface and
> class, where orm.dtd lists it between column and field. This does
> not affect the accepted XML, it just makes a comparison between the
> two dtds harder.

Not ^M differences, but spaces (I think). I just looked at it again
and I can't account for some of the diffs at all.

But the main point is: good. Thanks for changing the files so they
are as similar as possible. It will make it easier for us.

>>> Other question: do we want to rename api20/src/dtd to api20/src/
>>> schema?
>> +1 We need to make sure that the corresponding changes are made
>> to  the maven definitions, but I think it's time.
>
> OK, I can work on this, but I would like to check in a first
> version of the schema validation test before doing this rename. I
> attached a new patch to JDO-202.

Cool. I just looked at your 0220 patch and I think it's time to check
these files in.

Craig

> Regards Michael
>
> [...]