db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff hendrey <geoff_hend...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Negative VOTE: Spec update for xml metadata files
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 02:28:41 GMT
Are we sure we want to mandate the xsi:schemaLocation?
Often times you want to point to a local copy of the
schema. Once you've done a JAXB binding, it's not
necessary at all for the schemaLocation to be
specified. One thing I've run into with specifying the
schemaLocation as http://yadayadayada is that you
actually have to be online to run your unmarshalling
software (at least with some versions of sun's JAXB).

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jdo/jdo

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jdo/orm

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jdo/jdoquery