db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Issue 138: Names of optional features
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:01:57 GMT
> * JPOX doesn't support a class with a field that relates to an object of a type
using subclass-table strategy.
> * JPOX supports classes with fields that relate to objects of a type using
superclass-table, or new-table.
> e.g If you have Department with a list of Employees, with Department with an
> employees field defined with element-type of Employee. JPOX supports Employee
> uses inheritance strategy of new-table/superclass-table. It doesn't support that
> relation where Employee uses subclass-table.

Or to be more correct, it doesn't support Department having a list of Employees
where Employee uses subclass-table and where there is ** more than 1 subclass **
of Employee that has a table ... e.g if Employee has PartTimeEmployee and
FullTimeEmployee subclasses where Employee uses subclass-table and where
PartTimeEmployee/FullTimeEmployee both use new-table. That is what I wanted to
distinguish

--
Andy