db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew T. Adams" <matthew.ad...@xcalia.com>
Subject RE: Negative VOTE Issue 156: deletePersistent() with a detached object
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 22:27:04 GMT
I agree, but would add specific verbage in the event that any
InstanceLifecycle listeners would receive callbacks as well:

<proposed version="2">
If the parameter instance of deletePersistent() is a detached
instance, the method applies to the associated persistent instance.
Similarly, if any of the parameter instances of deletePersistentAll()
is a detached instance, the method applies to the associated
persistent instances.  If the class of instances to be deleted
implements the delete callback, then the persistent instance is
instantiated and the callback is executed.  If there are any
InstanceLifecycleListeners registered for deletion callbacks of
instances of the detached object's class, the persistent instance
is instantiated and passed to the listener in the event object
as described in section 12.15.
</proposed>