Hi Matthew,

On Jan 5, 2006, at 3:56 PM, Matthew T. Adams wrote:

I don't know why.  I think I started a long time ago with a simple
detach.conf, and we had decided on one of the conference calls that we would
a separate shopping cart object model that was easy to detach.  I must have
assumed "detach.conf && 'separate object model' == separate schema" without
even realizing it.

It all works now, but I guess in the process, Andy suggested that we adopt
this approach more broadly.

I don't think so. As I understand Andy's request, it is to define multiple xxx.conf configurations and run them all instead of running one giant alltests.conf. That way, it's easier to tell that an implementation failed the "pmf.conf" which might make things easier to dispatch to the responsible engineer. On the other hand, the clutter around the individual tests doesn't help understanding of the problem.

Craig

--matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM [mailto:Craig.Russell@Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:09 AM
To: jdo-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help request: initial commit of detachable shopping cart object
model, some tests broken

Hi,

Why should the detach tests have their own schema?

Craig

On Jan 5, 2006, at 10:53 AM, Michael Bouschen wrote:

Hi Matthew,

maybe this has been said before.

It looks like the attach/detach tests should have their own configuration
with their own sql files etc. Then you should remove the test classes
IsDetached, SetDetachAllOnCommit and GetDetachAllOnCommit from
alltests.conf. All the tests from alltests.conf are executed against the
schema defined in schema.sql, but this schema does not include the table for
your pc classes. The only thing that is missing is including detach.conf
into configurations.list. Then the attach/detach test cases are executed as
part of the configuration detach.conf.

As an alternative the attach/detach tests could be part of alltests.conf.
Then you need to include your schema into schema.sql and there is no need
for a separate detach.conf.

In any case we do not need the detach.conf file under test/conf.

Regards Michael

Hi guys,
Sorry about not emailing a patch before committing; I didn't know that was
the protocol.  I wasn't too worried, however, since much of this was new
code that didn't affect anyone else.
I have already added the missing package-derby8.orm files for both app and
ds identity.  I just forgot to include them in my svn add.
I'm still having problems getting things to work, but I've done a fresh
build and will look again with your collective input.  I'll let you know
what I find.  Thanks for your help... <sheepish grin>
--matthew