On Jan 5, 2006, at 4:52 PM, Michelle Caisse wrote:
1. Test status (Michael) 4 of 28 configurations fail: the usual suspects 564 tests (not including detach tests) 4 failures, 5 errors datastore id 5 failures 5 errors. Real progress.
2. Query tests (Michael) Moved and changed query "Having" tests; now pass. Still some JPOX query issues but most have been resolved. Hooray. AI: Michael: need to add a public static final field in a public class to test fully qualified class name static field in query.
3. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle) The only issue remaining is BigDecimal[ ] where it seems there are two different issues: one with storing the values in a separate table and the other with storing the arrays as a serialized BLOB. AI: Craig and Andy
4. Suggestion to split alltests.conf into separate configuration files (Craig and others) Andy earlier proposed splitting out alltests.conf into several configurations in order to better tell where the problems are. AI: Michael propose a split into a dozen configurations by subdirectory of tck20/test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/*. As soon as schema8 is stable, it will be integrated into the default schema. AI: Matthew add version columns to schema and remove schema8.
5. Other issues (any and all)
The JIRA issues associated with detachment need to be cleaned up; they mixed the life cycle and behavior of detached and persistent-nontransactional-dirty objects. AI: Matthew and Craig to fix up.
Action Items from weeks past:
[Dec 23 2005] Graduation issues, changes to the repository (Craig) AI Craig: follow up with DB PMC to see if all committers should become members of db group.
[Dec 23 2005] Query tests (Michael B) Looking at JDO-194 errors on Windows that don't happen on Linux. Might be a JRE bug. AI Martin file a Java bug so we know that there is a Java issue.
[Dec 23 2005] Schema for versioning AI Craig: poll jdo expert group for what we should require for versioning implementations and then adapt the tck to use a required version strategy. Done. We will use version number strategy for TCK tests.
[Dec 23 2005] Fetch depth discussion: The spec needs more information than is there in the PFD. AI Craig get more jdo experts involved in the discussion.
[Dec 23 2005] Consistency requirements for mapped-by: AI Craig call for a vote in the expert group. Done. The vote passed. The spec will be updated to require consistency on both sides of relationships mapped via "mapped-by" metadata.
[Dec 16 2005] JDO-220 jdoPostLoad callback not invoked during queries. AI: Michelle and Craig will take a look. Done. Working now.
[Dec 9 2005] What optional feature is making inheritance mapping 3 fail? AI: Craig discuss with expert group.
[Dec 9 2005]: Nontransactional write semantics appear to differ between optimistic and datastore transactions. Is this intentional? AI: Craig discuss with expert group.
[Dec 2 2005] Inheritance 3 fails. Optimization of inheritance 1 where there is no table for abstract classes. JPOX doesn't support it. AI Craig: discuss this mapping with expert group. It might be an optional feature.
[Nov 18 2005] AI: BEA to sign the donation paperwork for their test suite. Review how to merge their test cases into JDO TCK.
[Nov 4 2005] AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDK 1.5 issues. in progress
[Oct 14 2005] AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has into a list of features that are/are not supported.
[Oct 14 2005] AI: Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In progress. Several things need to be updated, including project.properties, project.xml and maven.xml.
[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI: Craig write a ServerSide article.
[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11 release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the incubator alias.
[Aug 5 2005] AI: Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions how to sync Apache and ibiblio. Re: Brian Topping needs info on creating a maven package.
[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]
[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how to access our releases area.
[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will do the maven goal for creating and uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory parallel to trunk called "releases" and put the snapshots there.
[May 13 2005] AI: Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly builds.
[May 20 2005] AI: Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if maven can help.