Javadogs,

I've recorded this as Issue 153. I propose to defer this to a future release.

Currently super is not a JDOQL keyword, so there is no way to exactly duplicate the semantics of Java super. In Java, super is used to access a field (or method, but methods are not relevant for JDOQL) that is hidden by a subclass field of the same name.

The main use of this in JDOQL would be to access a hidden field where the declaring class is not known. If the declaring class is known, then the field can be accessed by casting “this” to the declaring class in a field navigation expression, e.g. ((MySuperclass)this).hiddenField

Craig