db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Help request: initial commit of detachable shopping cart object model, some tests broken
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:02:29 GMT
Hi Matthew,

On Jan 5, 2006, at 3:56 PM, Matthew T. Adams wrote:

> I don't know why.  I think I started a long time ago with a simple
> detach.conf, and we had decided on one of the conference calls that
> we would
> a separate shopping cart object model that was easy to detach.  I
> must have
> assumed "detach.conf && 'separate object model' == separate schema"
> without
> even realizing it.
>
> It all works now, but I guess in the process, Andy suggested that
> we adopt
> this approach more broadly.

I don't think so. As I understand Andy's request, it is to define
multiple xxx.conf configurations and run them all instead of running
one giant alltests.conf. That way, it's easier to tell that an
implementation failed the "pmf.conf" which might make things easier
to dispatch to the responsible engineer. On the other hand, the
clutter around the individual tests doesn't help understanding of the
problem.

Craig