db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Jan 5, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 18:22:53 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Matthew Adams, Michelle Caisse, Martin  
Zaun, Craig Russell

On Jan 5, 2006, at 4:52 PM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michael) 4 of 28 configurations fail: the usual  
suspects 564 tests (not including detach tests) 4 failures, 5 errors  
datastore id 5 failures 5 errors. Real progress.

2. Query tests (Michael) Moved and changed query "Having" tests; now  
pass. Still some JPOX query issues but most have been resolved.  
Hooray. AI: Michael: need to add a public static final field in a  
public class to test fully qualified class name static field in query.

3. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle) The only issue remaining is  
BigDecimal[ ] where it seems there are two different issues: one with  
storing the values in a separate table and the other with storing the  
arrays as a serialized BLOB. AI: Craig and Andy

4. Suggestion to split alltests.conf into separate configuration  
files (Craig and others) Andy earlier proposed splitting out  
alltests.conf into several configurations in order to better tell  
where the problems are. AI: Michael propose a split into a dozen  
configurations by subdirectory of tck20/test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/ 
*. As soon as schema8 is stable, it will be integrated into the  
default schema. AI: Matthew add version columns to schema and remove  
schema8.

5. Other issues (any and all)

The JIRA issues associated with detachment need to be cleaned up;  
they mixed the life cycle and behavior of detached and persistent- 
nontransactional-dirty objects. AI: Matthew and Craig to fix up.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Dec 23 2005] Graduation issues, changes to the repository (Craig) AI  
Craig: follow up with DB PMC to see if all committers should become  
members of db group.

[Dec 23 2005] Query tests (Michael B) Looking at JDO-194 errors on  
Windows that don't happen on Linux. Might be a JRE bug. AI Martin  
file a Java bug so we know that there is a Java issue.

[Dec 23 2005] Schema for versioning AI Craig: poll jdo expert group  
for what we should require for versioning implementations and then  
adapt the tck to use a required version strategy. Done. We will use  
version number strategy for TCK tests.

[Dec 23 2005] Fetch depth discussion: The spec needs more information  
than is there in the PFD. AI Craig get more jdo experts involved in  
the discussion.

[Dec 23 2005] Consistency requirements for mapped-by: AI Craig call  
for a vote in the expert group. Done. The vote passed. The spec will  
be updated to require consistency on both sides of relationships  
mapped via "mapped-by" metadata.

[Dec 16 2005] JDO-220 jdoPostLoad callback not invoked during  
queries. AI: Michelle and Craig will take a look. Done. Working now.

[Dec 9 2005] What optional feature is making inheritance mapping 3  
fail? AI:  Craig discuss with expert group.

[Dec 9 2005]: Nontransactional write semantics appear to differ  
between optimistic and datastore transactions. Is this intentional?  
AI: Craig discuss with expert group.

[Dec 2 2005] Inheritance 3 fails. Optimization of inheritance 1 where  
there is no  table for abstract classes. JPOX doesn't support it. AI  
Craig:  discuss this mapping with expert group. It might be an  
optional feature.

[Nov 18 2005] AI: BEA to sign the donation paperwork for their test   
suite. Review how to merge their test cases into JDO TCK.

[Nov 4 2005] AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDK   
1.5 issues. in progress

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has   
into a list of features that are/are not supported.

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In  
progress.  Several things need to be updated, including  
project.properties,  project.xml and maven.xml.

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles  
on  TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo.  
AI:  Craig write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire  
11  release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the   
incubator alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI: Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions   
how to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on   
creating a maven package.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to   
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how  
to  access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will do the maven goal for  
creating  and uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory  
parallel to  trunk called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[May 13 2005] AI: Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly   
builds.

[May 20 2005] AI: Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if   
maven can help.



Craig Russell
Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!


Mime
View raw message