db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg von Frantzius <joerg.von.frantz...@artnology.com>
Subject Re: Dependent and element-dependent
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:22:00 GMT
Andy Jefferson schrieb:
> Hi Michael,
>

>> I'm not sure, if the bug is in the area of dependent objects.
>>

> That is the code that was changed. Without it all works fine.
>

>> The failing configuration is inheritance1 for datastoreidentity. This
>> configuration executes the completeness test. This test case is
>> successfully executed by other configuration, e.g. inheritance1 for
>> applicationidentity, inheritance4 for both identity types, and all
>> relationship configurations (companyXXX.conf) for both identity types.
>>
>> I rather think that the problem may be the order of DELETE statements in
>> the Person hierarchy.
>>

> Yes, but what order ? What statement is out of order with what statement ?
> When deletePersistent is called all dependencies are checked and either
> nulled (where possible) or deleted (where dependent field is set), before the
> object is deleted. There is nothing to do with ordering in that process.
> Issues like FK constraints failing are likely due to the FK not being
> nullable yet not being defined as dependent field.
>
> Do you have some info regarding what this FK is ?
> Sadly I've no idea what Derby's nice message
> "constraint 'SQL060127010242262' for key (3)"
> means. It might have been nice for it to provide a column name ? or a related
> table ? but no we get the result of '"SQL" + random()' perhaps

My guess is that some owner object is deleted before its owned
collection elements are deleted (because my bug prevents the latter from
being deleted). I don't know why that works with datastore ids, though...

I hope I can give feedback today later on whether the problem goes away
after fixing that bug.

Dipl.-Inf. Jörg von Frantzius  |            artnology GmbH
                               |                Milastr. 4
Tel +49 (0)30 4435 099 26      |              10437 Berlin
Fax +49 (0)30 4435 099 99      |  http://www.artnology.com