db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JDO2 beta
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:13:09 GMT
Hi Michael,

Comments below...

Michael Bouschen wrote:

> Hi Michelle,
>> Hi Craig,
>> I have the same problem as Michael has with the maven automatic
>> download of the jdo beta jars.  I will try manually downloading
>> them.  Also, a comment on RunRules.html:
>>> From the installation directory, call maven tck20.build which will
>>> build the jar files used in the tests, create the Derby database,
>>> install the schema into the Derby database, and run the TCK on the
>>> Reference Implementation.
>>> From the installation directory, change to the tck20 directory. Then
>>> call maven runtck.iut
>> I think these directions were appropriate for a source distribution
>> of the product.  Now I believe it should say to call maven build,
>> then (from the same directory)  call maven runtck.iut.
> Good point!
> The instructions above say to call maven tck20.build from installation
> directory. This calls maven build in the tck20 directory, but before
> it calls maven build in api20, core20 and enhancer20. So these
> directories need to be in place for maven tck20.build to succeed.
> I agree it should say to do a maven build in the tck20 directory.
> Regards Michael
What tck20 directory?  I don't see that the old tck20, api20, ...
directories exist in this distribution at all.  After unzipping, there
is the root dir with README.txt and jdo-tck-2.0-beta. jdo-tck-2.0-beta
is the equivalent to the source tck20 directory and contains the project
files, src directory, and after maven build, target and iut_jars
directories.  Or maybe you just meant to say it should say to do a maven
build in the jdo-tck-2.0-beta directory?

-- Michelle

View raw message