db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JDO2 beta
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:09:35 GMT
Hi Michelle,

> Hi Craig,
>
> I have the same problem as Michael has with the maven automatic download
> of the jdo beta jars.  I will try manually downloading them.  Also, a
> comment on RunRules.html:
>
>> From the installation directory, call maven tck20.build which will
>> build the jar files used in the tests, create the Derby database,
>> install the schema into the Derby database, and run the TCK on the
>> Reference Implementation.
>>
>> From the installation directory, change to the tck20 directory. Then
>> call maven runtck.iut
>

> I think these directions were appropriate for a source distribution of
> the product.  Now I believe it should say to call maven build, then
> (from the same directory)  call maven runtck.iut.

Good point!

The instructions above say to call maven tck20.build from installation
directory. This calls maven build in the tck20 directory, but before it
calls maven build in api20, core20 and enhancer20. So these directories
need to be in place for maven tck20.build to succeed.

I agree it should say to do a maven build in the tck20 directory.

Regards Michael

> -- Michelle
>
> Michael Bouschen wrote:
>
>> Hi Craig,
>>
>> +1 for the released version.
>>
>> The distribution is running good, I tested it with the SNAPSHOT
>> release of JPOX as you described below.
>> However, I'm having problems with downloading the jdo2-beta jars from
>> the maven repository, please see below ...
>>
>>> Oops, the URL below is wrong. It should be
>>> http://www.apache.org/~clr/downloads/mirror-dist-db-jdo/2.0-beta/jdo2-tck-2.0-beta-src-20_Jan_2006.zip

>>> <http://www.apache.org/%7Eclr/downloads/mirror-dist-db-jdo/2.0-beta/jdo2-tck-src-20_Jan_2006.zip>.

>>> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>>>
>>> Craig

>> What do you mean with maven.xml here? The project.properties in
>> jdo2-tck-2.0-beta has the property maven.remote.repo.

>> I added the above to the maven.remote.repo property. But I'm having
>> problems resolving the dependencies via maven, I get the following
>> error message:
>> Attempting to download jdo2-api-2.0-beta.jar.
>> Error retrieving artifact from [
>> http://www.apache.org/~clr/downloads/maven/javax.jdo/jars/jdo2-api-2.0-beta.jar]:

>> java.
>> io.IOException: Unknown error downloading; status code was: 302
>> WARNING: Failed to download jdo2-api-2.0-beta.jar.
>>
>> However, I could download the jars manually using the above url. So I
>> really do not know why I could not download it via maven.

>> The file RunRule.html is included twice: in the root and under
>> jdo2-tck-2.0-beta. Maybe this is a left over from merging my recent
>> 'maven dist' support changes into the workspace you used to create the
>> distribution file.

>> Yes, I got: Total tests run: 1154. Failures: 4, Errors: 4.

>> I realized some minor issues:
>> - The directory iut_jars is not included in the distribution, but it
>> will be created on the first run of maven from the jdo2-tck-2.0-beta
>> directory. This might be confusing, if you want to copy the iut jars
>> before running maven. Maybe we could change this and include it as an
>> empty directory. I'll take a look.
>> - We forgot to include the assertions directory into the distribution.
>> I'll take a look.
>> - The lib/ext directory is in the parent directory of jdo2-tck-beta,
>> not parallel to test as stated in the RunRules.
>>
>> Regards Michael

>>> Craig Russell

>>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>>>
>>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!