db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release jdo2 beta
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 04:29:08 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:

> Craig,
>
> Thanks very much for your answer, that sounds very good.
>
> Concerning the vote: As I understand you plan to make the release only
> available in your home directory at apache, you do not need any approval
> from the PMC for this. (You only need it if you put sumething in a
> mirrored directory, such as www.apache.org/dist). Anyway, I do think
> that the proposal to release a beta version makes sense, so

If it's a release from Craig's home directory then isn't it just a build
provided by Craig, it's not a Release of the JDO project.

I guess I'm still confused as to what this vote is about, no vote is
needed for Craig to produce a set of jars etc. on his home directory.

I don't think a vote is needed to start a release process either, all
that is needed is a release manager willing to do a release.

I'm just worried that people might be thinking that by voting +1 here it
means that there will be a JDO beta release without any further votes. A
vote is required on the actual distribution for an Apache release of JDO.

Or am I totally off base here.

Dan.