db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: RunRules.html to be included in tck20 distribution
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:18:56 GMT
Michael Bouschen wrote:

>> Running the Tests
>>
>>  From the installation directory, run maven runtck.jdori which will
>> build the required jar files used in the tests, including the API jar.
>

> The api jar will be downloaded from the apache(?) maven repository,
> but it will not be build as part of the tck build process.
>
> Today runtck.jdori and runtck.iut does not automatically install the
> schema. I propose to call maven build instead. This compiles all the
> TCK classes, installs the schema and runs the jdori.

I agree. I think that we should also mention that this will install the
schema and run the tests on Derby.

The RunRules should probably contain additional sections on Using other
Datastores and Debugging to explain other features of the build and
gotchas.  For example
 - If, while debugging the implementation, you modify the enhancer, you
need to manually delete the enhanced classes before re-running.
 - How to use the properties jdo.tck.cleanupaftertest, jdo.tck.cfglist,
jdo.tck.identitytypes, jdo.tck.dblist
 - How to use the goal debugtck.iut

-- Michelle