db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Bieber <a...@nightlabs.de>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT] Fetch-depth
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:53:43 GMT
Thanks Craig for taking our arguments into account.
I'll still have a comment concerning the use case Jörg von Frantzuis
submitted. His case is to limit the object-plan depth to a certain level
while using FetchPlan.ALL as fetch-group. This is used for synchronizing
data between datastores generically. In my oppinion we should think of
an additional and optional (defaulting to -1) parameter to detachCopy -
detachDepth - for this case.

Best regards

Alexander Bieber