db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release jdo2 beta
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:35:26 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:
> Javadogs,
>
> I'd like to propose that we release jdo2 beta based on the current code
> in the svn repository and a few minor changes.
>
> 1. JDO-278 Change the group ids for the project from apache-jdo to
>
> org.apache.jdo for the non-API projects
> javax.jdo for the API projects.

Craig,

This might be a dumb question (especially since I mostly lurk on this
list and rarely pay attention to the posts that go by), but will a
javax.jdo package be part of the Apache JDO release? And, if so, is
using "javax.jdo" acceptable given these posts?

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200512.mbox/%3c19e0530f0512201125h11565b19i1b6389bab40101cc@mail.gmail.com%3e
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200512.mbox/%3c20051222034703.GC2319@lyra.org%3e

Those are just two posts from a long, tangled thread. "javax.jdo" might
be fine, but questions might be raised.

  -jean