db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release jdo2 beta
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:35:26 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:
> Javadogs,
> I'd like to propose that we release jdo2 beta based on the current code
> in the svn repository and a few minor changes.
> 1. JDO-278 Change the group ids for the project from apache-jdo to
> org.apache.jdo for the non-API projects
> javax.jdo for the API projects.

This might be a dumb question (especially since I mostly lurk on this
list and rarely pay attention to the posts that go by), but will a
javax.jdo package be part of the Apache JDO release? And, if so, is
using "javax.jdo" acceptable given these posts?

Those are just two posts from a long, tangled thread. "javax.jdo" might
be fine, but questions might be raised.

> 2. Change the version on all projects to 2.0-beta. This can be changed
> when we make the JDO-278 changes.
> 3. JDO-279 Distribute the tck20 as a source distribution and the other
> components as downloadable binary components. These would go into the
> apache maven repository at www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
> <http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository>.
> I'd like to have everyone's vote by Thursday 18-Jan-2006.
> Thanks,
> Craig
> Craig Russell
> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com