db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg von Frantzius <joerg.von.frantz...@artnology.com>
Subject Re: Work in progress: fetch plan
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 16:07:57 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:

> [..] With the default fetch plan in effect, the behavior of JDO 2 is
> very similar to the behavior of JDO 1. That is, when instances are
> loaded into memory in response to queries or navigation, only the
> fields in the default fetch group are loaded, and the jdoPostLoad
> callback is executed the first time an instance is fetched from the
> datastore. Upon detachment, fields that are already loaded into the
> detached instances are preserved;
The "already" in here sounds a bit to me like a detached instance could
preserve state for fields that had been loaded prior to detaching, even
when those fields were not contained in the current fetch plan upon
detaching. If I remember correctly, this should not be the case?

IMHO, just dropping the "already" would make this clearer, or maybe
something like
"Upon detachment, only fields that were contained in the current fetch
plan are preserved, all other fields are marked in the detached
instances as not loaded."

Regards,
Jörg

Dipl.-Inf. Jörg von Frantzius  |            artnology GmbH
                               |                Milastr. 4
Tel +49 (0)30 4435 099 26      |              10437 Berlin
Fax +49 (0)30 4435 099 99      |  http://www.artnology.com