db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Jan 20, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:10:23 GMT
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Martin Zaun, Matthew Adams, Michael  
Bouschen, Michael Watzek, Erik Bengtson, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michael) 1154 tests, 4 failures, 4 errors. No change  
since last week. Errors are related to minor EJBQL error and  
configuration that JPOX does not support. These will not be addressed  
for beta.

2. New tests (Michael W) Currently extending lifecycle test class.  
JDO-258 and JDO-273 issues require new states detached-clean,  
detached-dirty, persistent-nontransactional-dirty and new methods.  
The plan is to have these completed by next week.

AI Craig add a note to the spec detachCopy that the parameter and its  
graph are made persistent first and then detached.

3. Beta release (Craig and Michael B) The Sunday release of JPOX will  
be the beta release for the 2.0-beta branch. AI Craig publish the  
staging release and send out another vote.

4. Other issues (any and all)

Matthew Detached schema now includes version numbers. Also, what  
about convenience methods for EventObject to return the detached  
object or the persistent object, regardless of which event it is.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Jan 13 2005] AI Michael look at the logging settings to be sure  
we're not over-logging during the run. Done. Michael checked in a  
patch to remove SQL logging from Derby.

[Jan 13 2005] AI Craig Call for a vote to release JDO2 beta and look  
into issues of packaging the release in the release directory  
parallel to the trunk. Done. The repository has been branched for the  
release and the release artifacts will be published Friday 20-Jan-2006.

[Jan 13 2005] AI Michelle create a new maven project that has a  
binary dependency on the xxx20 projects but has no source  
distribution. That is, a project called iut20 that has only a  
maven.xml, project.xml, and project.properties. This will allow us to  
distribute the tck without any source distribution. Done.

[Jan 13 2005] AI Martin look at the enhancement tests for  
completeness (JDO-64).

[Jan 13 2005] AI Michelle: file an improvement JIRA on the mapping of  
TestArrayListCollections. Done. It doesn't look like an improvement  
is worthwhile.

[Jan 6 2005] AI: Michael: need to add a public static final field in  
a public class to test fully qualified class name static field in query.

[Dec 23 2005] Graduation issues, changes to the repository (Craig) AI  
Craig: follow up with DB PMC to see if all committers should become  
members of db group. Done.

[Dec 23 2005] Query tests (Michael B) Looking at JDO-194 errors on  
Windows that don't happen on Linux. Might be a JRE bug. AI Martin  
file a Java bug so we know that there is a Java issue.

[Dec 23 2005] Fetch depth discussion: The spec needs more information  
than is there in the PFD. AI Craig get more jdo experts involved in  
the discussion. In progress.

[Dec 9 2005]: Nontransactional write semantics appear to differ  
between optimistic and datastore transactions. Is this intentional?  
AI: Craig discuss with expert group.

[Dec 2 2005] Inheritance 3 fails. Optimization of inheritance 1 where  
there is no  table for abstract classes. JPOX doesn't support it. AI  
Craig:  discuss this mapping with expert group. It might be an  
optional feature.

[Nov 18 2005] AI: BEA to sign the donation paperwork for their test   
suite. Review how to merge their test cases into JDO TCK.

[Nov 4 2005] AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDK   
1.5 issues. in progress

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has   
into a list of features that are/are not supported.

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In  
progress.  Several things need to be updated, including  
project.properties,  project.xml and maven.xml. Done.

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles  
on  TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo.  
AI:  Craig write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 5 2005] AI: Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions   
how to sync Apache and ibiblio. Brian Topping needs info on  creating  
a maven package. Done.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to   
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how  
to  access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will do the maven goal for  
creating  and uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory  
parallel to  trunk called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[May 13 2005] AI: Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly   
builds.

[May 20 2005] AI: Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if   
maven can help. Done.


Craig Russell
Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!


Mime
View raw message