db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release jdo2 beta
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2006 01:32:50 GMT
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the advice. This is my first release.

What we are trying to release is several jar files from the jdo2
project plus a source download. I'll stage these on my apache.org/
~clr site along with instructions on what to do with them.

Since the tck is a requirement for claiming compatibility with JSR
243, we need to distribute its sources. But the rest of the
dependencies are distributed as binaries accessible via maven.

So what would you like to see here? We've started the release
process, and need a vote to make the components available on the
Apache web site. Clearly I can make the binaries available as a maven
repository in my ~clr web site but the other part is the process of
getting people comfortable with the release process itself.

Thanks,

Craig

On Jan 14, 2006, at 5:04 PM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> Craig L Russell wrote:
>> Javadogs,
>>
>> I'd like to propose that we release jdo2 beta based on the current
>> code
>> in the svn repository and a few minor changes.
>>
>> 1. JDO-278 Change the group ids for the project from apache-jdo to
>>
>> org.apache.jdo for the non-API projects
>> javax.jdo for the API projects.
>>
>> 2. Change the version on all projects to 2.0-beta. This can be
>> changed
>> when we make the JDO-278 changes.
>>
>> 3. JDO-279 Distribute the tck20 as a source distribution and the
>> other
>> components as downloadable binary components. These would go into the
>> apache maven repository at www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
>> <http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository>.
>>
>> I'd like to have everyone's vote by Thursday 18-Jan-2006.
>
> I'm a little confused on what we are voting on here. Is this a vote to
> start a release process or a vote on releasing binaries (jar files)?
>
> Normally (I thought) a release vote was on an actual download that
> people could test etc.
>
> Dan.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com