db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Jan 27, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:08:32 GMT
Hi Craig,

> Why is JPOX version 1.1 instead of 2.0? AI Craig propose this name change to
the alias.

Oh dear. Do you really want to start this ?

Why is JDK1.5 called 5.0 ? Pleassee.

JPOX follows a sensible versioning strategy that isn't based on politics,
corporate strategy, one-up-man-ship, our version is bigger than yours or
whatever. It is based on what is included in the release. It's been in a 1.1
release cycle since August 2004. How can we change this now without confusing the
hell out of our users ? I know SUN change theirs when they wish, but we aren't
SUN. The subsequent release will be 1.2, followed by 1.3 and then we may have 1.4
or 2.0.

Hope that answers the question ;-)

--
Andy
Java Persistent Objects

The above is just my personal opinion and not that of my employers :-)