db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Dependent and element-dependent
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:13:05 GMT
Hi Michael,

> I'm not sure, if the bug is in the area of dependent objects.

That is the code that was changed. Without it all works fine.

> The failing configuration is inheritance1 for datastoreidentity. This
> configuration executes the completeness test. This test case is
> successfully executed by other configuration, e.g. inheritance1 for
> applicationidentity, inheritance4 for both identity types, and all
> relationship configurations (companyXXX.conf) for both identity types.
>
> I rather think that the problem may be the order of DELETE statements in
> the Person hierarchy.

Yes, but what order ? What statement is out of order with what statement ?
When deletePersistent is called all dependencies are checked and either
nulled (where possible) or deleted (where dependent field is set), before the
object is deleted. There is nothing to do with ordering in that process.
Issues like FK constraints failing are likely due to the FK not being
nullable yet not being defined as dependent field.

Do you have some info regarding what this FK is ?
Sadly I've no idea what Derby's nice message
"constraint 'SQL060127010242262' for key (3)"
means. It might have been nice for it to provide a column name ? or a related
table ? but no we get the result of '"SQL" + random()' perhaps

--
Andy