db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: failover
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 22:15:43 GMT
Hi Erik,

I'm afraid I don't have the energy to take on this addition to the
spec, but I'd encourage you to see if you can find other like-minded
folks to make a standard set of connection properties for failover.

You can start a wiki page on the apache jdo site. You can use
org.apache.jdo.options.failover as a prefix for the property names if
they are discussed and agreed by the apache jdo project.

Does this give you enough direction on a strategy for standardizing
the names?

Regards,

Craig

On Dec 23, 2005, at 6:36 AM, erik@jpox.org wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The standard allows setting up one data source per PMF. Failover
> mechanism to
> recover from like "cannot obtain a connection" or "broken
> connections" are not
> covered. Wouldn't be beneficial to cover such scenarios than upon
> failure will
> switch to a backup data source?
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik Bengtson