db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Dec 9, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 18:14:03 GMT
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Michael Watzek, Martin  
Zaun, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michael W) 562 tests; datastore id 9 failures 20  
errors; application id 9 failures 19 errors; 6 of 28 configurations  
failing.

2. Query tests (Michael W) All query test cases have been  
implemented. Several JPOX JIRA issues have been filed. Awaiting  
response by JPOX.

3. Detached objects (Matthew) He is having trouble finding time to  
contribute.

4. getObjectsById tests (Geoff) no change

5. Enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin) Copied enhancer changes from  
ri11 to enhancer20 and has tested that they work. Has noticed that  
tck20 will not compile using -source 1.5. AI: Martin file a JIRA on  
the tck20 bug.

6. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik)

7. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle) Everything working except  
TestArrayCollections. JIRA issue is filed against JPOX.

8. Other  issues and status (any and all)

JDO incubation was successful. JDO is now part of the Apache DB  
project. This will be announced at ApacheCon.

What optional feature is making inheritance mapping 3 fail? AI:   
Craig discuss with expert group.

Created JDO 2 beta release in JIRA. Assigned most of the api20 fixed  
bugs to this release.

Michael sent a message to the expert group regarding lost updates to  
relationship fields in case the non-owning side made the update. AI:  
Craig reply and propose a spec change to require not losing updates.  
This is incompatible with the current draft of EJB 3.

Nontransactional write semantics appear to differ between optimistic  
and datastore transactions. Is this intentional? AI: Craig discuss  
with expert group.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Dec 2 2005] Error message in the enhancer log: tag doesn't conform   
to the dtd. AI Michelle file a JIRA issue. Done.

[Dec 2 2005]  Is it allowed to have more  actual than formal  
parameters? No. AI Craig check to see if the spec  disallows this. AI  
Michael: raise an issue with the experts. Experts agree. More actual  
than formal parameters are allowed. Done.

[Dec 2 2005] Test ThreadSafe has a bug with multiple threads;  
sometimes two  threads succeed; looks like a timing bug in the test  
case. AI Michael  file a JIRA and assign it to Martin. Done.

[Dec 2 2005] Inheritance 3 fails. Optimization of inheritance 1 where  
there is no  table for abstract classes. JPOX doesn't support it. AI  
Craig:  discuss this mapping with expert group. It might be an  
optional feature.

[Nov 18 2005] AI: Erik look at JDO-206.

[Nov 18 2005] AI: BEA to sign the donation paperwork for their test   
suite. Review how to merge their test cases into JDO TCK.

[Nov 4 2005] AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDK   
1.5 issues. in progress

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has   
into a list of features that are/are not supported.

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Craig discuss mapping options with expert group.

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In  
progress.  Several things need to be updated, including  
project.properties,  project.xml and maven.xml.

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles  
on  TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo.  
AI:  Craig write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire  
11  release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the   
incubator alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI: Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions   
how to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on   
creating a maven package.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to   
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] AI: (Craig, Brian T.) Need some permissions that  
Brian  is working on.

[Jul 8 2005] AI: Double-check locking in the PMF (Martin) Martin has   
implemented and will check in.

[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how  
to  access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will do the maven goal for  
creating  and uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory  
parallel to  trunk called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[May 13 2005] AI: Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly   
builds.

[May 13 2005] AI: Martin Zaun will investigate JSR 294 (Java 5) to   
see impact on enhancer. Done.

[May 20 2005] AI: Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if   
maven can help.


Craig Russell
Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!


Mime
View raw message