db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Issue 150: Consistency requirements for relationships with mapped-by
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 00:20:16 GMT
Hi David,

On Dec 28, 2005, at 5:24 PM, David Bullock wrote:

> Craig L Russell wrote:
>
>> Javadogs,
>>
>> I'll hold this vote open until January 2.
>>
>> [ ] Adopt the proposal below.
>
> In favour.  It's better than the previous.
>
> However, I still have a beef that this behaviour is special to
> RDBMS', and thus JDO applications relying on this behaviour will
> not be portable between RDBMS and non-RDBMS data-stores.

If there is call for it, I'd be open to requiring this behavior for
all datastores. The metadata attribute mapped-by on element field is
part of jdo metadata not orm metadata. The proposed clarification in
the specification is in the relational mapping chapter but we could
make the behavior apply to all datastores.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!